How to connect to Exchange Online and get shared mailbox size in Office 365? One…
How to turn off Microsoft Viva daily briefing emails? Every day the users get an email from Microsoft Viva about their daily briefing. You didn’t make any changes in the Microsoft tenant, and it shows up in their inbox. Why is that? That’s because the Briefing email is on by default in the Microsoft 365 tenant. In this article, we will show how to turn off Microsoft Viva daily briefing.
Table of contents
Microsoft Viva daily briefing
An example of how the Briefing emails look like in the user mailbox.
How to turn off Microsoft Viva daily briefing
There are a couple of ways to turn off Microsoft Viva daily briefing:
- Use PowerShell to enable/disable the Briefing email for individual users
- Set the default opt-in or opt-out option at the tenant level in the Microsoft 365 admin center
- Users can individually opt-out by selecting the Unsubscribe link at the end of the Briefing email
Let’s look at how to stop briefing emails for the entire organization at the tenant level.
Turn off Microsoft Viva in tenant
To turn off Microsoft Via daily briefing, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 admin center
- Expand Settings in the left pane
- Choose Org settings in the submenu
- Click on Services in the top bar
- Choose Briefing email from Microsoft Viva from the list
- Uncheck the box Let people in your organization receive Briefing email
- Click Save
You successfully turned off Microsoft Viva emails.
You learned how to turn off Microsoft Viva daily briefing. The email briefing is on by default for the users. After turning off briefing in the Microsoft 365 tenant, the users will not receive a briefing email daily.
Did you enjoy this article? You may also like Disable basic authentication with Conditional Access. Don’t forget to follow us and share this article.